Monday, January 5, 2009

Girls visit Aunty Nicky

On Friday the girls came to visit me at my house...all 20 of them..It was a great time --a first for them and me as i cooked traditional Nigerian food by myself and they liked it !!! Of course they were fascinated by my toilet and the fact that hot water can come out of a tap , so there was a constant stream in and out of the bathroom and no hot water left by the time they went home...It is fascinating what little everyday objects to us are a source of fascination to so many...we have so much to be thankful for. It was really nice to give them an occassion to dress up for and to treat them with nice things...to make them feel special as they were created to be..

5 comments:

miyung said...

Happy new year to you my friend.
Lovely girls and wonderful stories!
Wish I could visit you with them.
Keep up the good work.
lots of blessings and prs
miyung xxoo

Jamie Quinlan said...

How FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell them all i Say HI!!!

Amina's World - Aminas Welt said...

Dear Nicky, I posted a comment two days ago, did it not come?
I was in the Care Center on 27th December with Habila and Makoji. I met Reverend Ayuba and many children. My organisation
"Orphan Children Nigeria Direct Help e.V." (an NGO)supports the children in your centre too. I saw them for the first time. You all do a wonderful job there. Maybe some time we can meet. Love from Germany to you and all of you. Kindest regards from Gerwine

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

mm... cognitively thoughts!