Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas and New Year Celebrations

As I write this we are beginning a new year... where has this last year gone ? It doesnt seem very long ago that it was last Christmas but then on the other hand sooooo much has happened , so many changes have occurred and we can only Praise God that he sustained us throughout the year and look forward to all that will come this one.
Because of the curfew beginning at 7pm New Year celebrations were curtailed in Jos...so I spent the night in the village with our kids...and it was one of the best New Years i can remember in a while. It was so much fun playing games with our boys and girls and laughing and joking with them, and as we settled down to watch a film I couldn't help thinking how great it was to be able to love on these girls and what an awesome privilege to be in a position of looking after 19 girls. They are all awesome and so enthusiastic, as soon as i arrive in my car i am mobbed by everyone trying to hug me all at once, carrying my bags for me, sitting on my lap (usually 3 at once) and so thankful for everything :)
Life here is very unstable and unpredictable and chalenging, but these precious children are what makes it all worthwhile, and i couldnt think of a better way of welcoming in the new year , than to be in this place at this time, knowing this is where God wants me to be , and doing what he wants me to be doing.

Below are some of the glimpses of this christmas.....











































































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Nicky!
Lots of Love Cath & Stephen McG

Jamie Quinlan said...

THEY ARE SO CUTE IN THEIR CHRISTMAS DRESSES!!! I MISS THEM!! please tell them I greet all of them!!