Friday, November 28, 2008

Lots to be Thankful for............



This year I am actually in America for Thanksgiving to experience it firsthand ......After the heat of Nigeria it has been great to experience Autumn again and to see all the beautiful colours in the trees here...and to see all the Pumpkins everywhere, and the fallen leaves.
I love it and am so thankful for the chance to be here.




This celebration is a real family time here and it
has been really great to be able to spend time with Erin and her family, and to be so welcomed into their home.







It is a time marked by eating traditional foods like Turkey and sweet potatoes and cornbraed and of course pumpkins......... all together on one plate...very unlike England but interesting....


It is a time to be thankful to count our blessings for all the people in our lives and to look for things to be Thankful for...this started me thinking ....

What am I thankful for....
* My family who love me unconditionally and who are always supportive of me even if they don't understand my decisions, and have to sacrifice not seeing me very often.
*My friends who walk my journey with me and encourage and support me from all across the world.
*The missionaries who I live and work amongst in Jos who daily encourage me
*The "job" I have been chosen to do by God and for the many people who support me financially and prayerfully so that I can do this work.
*A completely different life now to the one I used to live, despite its many challenges and uncertainties.
* I am soooo thankful for all of the children that God has brought into my life , that I have the priviledge to love and care for.
*Ultimately I am most thankful for the Love of my Heavenly Father who has known me from the beginning and Knows everything that happens to me and can be completely trusted with my life.

2 comments:

miyung said...

Indeed, we are sooooo blessed!
Thank God for you, nicky girl.
You are very special.

miyung said...

It's great that you are having a restful time in the US. Keep smiling girl! You are an inspiration!