Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am in Texas...............

Well I have arrived in Texas.....my first visit to this part of the world...its a long way from Nigeria...but worth it to be reunited with my good friend and fellow missionary Erin again...:)


I have arrived in Autumn and even though this pool looks tempting ....it was freezing.

We enjoyed the first few days staying with the leaders of the Crazy Texas team which come each year to visit us in Nigeria...it was wonderful ...they were so hospitable and we felt easily at home. Their church sponsored my flight to come and so in return myself and Erin spent the weekend speaking to various groups raising awareness of our ministry...

This is a church of 15,000 members and is of the Southern Baptist variety...and i have never seen a church so big it was a huge cultural adjustment to make...but everyone was so friendly and welcoming and for some reason liked listening to my accent :) we hope we have raised awareness of some of urgent needs and inspired more people to visit us in Nigeria...













Erin and Uncle Jerry Me sharing about the ministry at church
Everything is soooooo big here....the cars are huge the lorries massive, the portions of food huge....and the glasses big and then they keep getting re filled .... the houses and yards are massive compared to what I am used to.... all to say its all bigggggggggggggggg....very interesting, now I understand why American people think England is so cute !!!
We are enjoying travelling around , meeting people and sharing about the ministry with all we meet. Yesterday for instance with the people we went to have our feet sorted out with , (our feet get very dry and cracked in the Nigerian climate)so a pedicure was in order...we were telling why our feet were so bad and this led to a great conversation about why are we in Nigeria...and ended up with a fellow customer paying for our pedicure....see how God is blessing us :)
So far soooo good, I will keep recording my reactions to share with you later...watch this space.











































3 comments:

daktara said...

from nigeria to texas
along trip
egypt waiting you

miyung said...

Will keep praying for more nice surprises!!

tmayesing said...

Nice to see all of the pictures, I remember a cooked maize porridge like food in Congo - pap!