Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back in the saddle ....a few updates to catch up

Sorry to all of you who had started to get used to reading my Blog , I am horrified to see its been since March !!! well plenty of reasons....mostly lack of electricity and internet issues and i have been incredibly busy and i did go on holiday for 3 weeks !!!! so anyways I am now in possession of a generator and will endevour to do a better job of keeping up to date....


So a few things that have been happening around here....brace yourselves.... maybe have a cup of tea and a biscuit and make yourselves comfortable....!!!


RECONCILLIATION


We have continued to work towards reconcilling those boys that have family and are about to take 10 home this summer when school finishes. As you can imagine this process takes time and require lots of visits and paperwork and co ordination to make sure the situation we are sending the children back into is a good one. At Easter time we sent the boys home and then we visited...well quite a challenge as some of them live in remote places, I am very thankful for my jeep ( God obviously knew the kinds of terrain i would need to travel on when he got it for me !!! ) so many times the Uncles tell me to "go straight" and my responce is "but there is no road" to which they laugh and we proceed !!! Then I listen to conversations in Hausa of which i pick up a word or two , and smile a lot and shake hands and drink a mineral and then off to the next house. It has been a huge cultural learning curve for me, I have been in all sorts of homes and have always been treated like royalty , but it has been a real priviledge to meet people.

The families are so grateful for the way their children have changed its a real credit to the ministry and to our Heavenly father who gave us these to look after.

I have now been given the job of managing the reconcilliation process for the ministry !! and managing the team to visit regularly etc.. no small job i cn tell you but one I am loving.


For some of our children there cannot be reconcilliation now, maybe never but wherever we can we encourage visits from family. The following photo shows two of our girls Rebecca and Blessing reunited with their brother Wisdom who is at one of our other centres over an hour away...( because we have all girls in one place) we visited with a team recently overnight and it was unexpected...the delight on his face as he saw his two sisters was awesome...he gave them such a big hug it was hard not to cry....family means so much here...








No comments: