Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Lord is holding my hand.........

I read this verse this weekend in my Bible which is very applicable to where I am right now and i wanted to share it with you...

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Though they stumble they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.


I have been involved in doing many different things so far and with the concentration on Language learning it can seem as though i am disconnected at times from the children i am here to work with. I seem to be doing many new things and it is difficult not to feel unsettled as the future direction of my ministry is not clear. So it is great to know that God directs my steps and he can see the big picture and he knows exactly what he wants me to do, I just have to keep walking in the direction he leads.

The second part of this verse is great as it tells me the Lord delights in every detail of my life. As those who know me will know i am a details person and i like to talk a lot and sort out verbally what i am processing. It is a great comfort to me that God delights to hear all my mumblings, and to those around me who dont need to do that so much. God will never tire of my thought process and need for detail...

Through this period of transition and instability it is easy to stumble and loose focus as the enemy is always keen to fill my mind with doubts. But God stops me from falling...hallelujah.I just need to stop being so clumsy myself!

It is a comfort to know that whatever he has lined up for me in my future that he is right there with me holding my hand. Some of the new things are challenging and change is never easy but I am not alone. My Heavenly father is holding my hand. Sometimes as a single person I long for someone to hold my hand but who could love me more unconditionally and be more reliable than the person who made me and knows me intimately.

I am Thankful he always keeps his promises.

No comments: