Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Be Still and Know that I am GOD.....

" When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm,
Father you are King over the flood,
I will be still and know that you are God..."

This song has kept coming to my mind this week...... There have been times when i have felt totally overwhelmed, completely out of my depth at the enormity of what needs to be done here, where to start.
When there seems to be so much needless sadness and death, when just shaking a hand and smiling at a bereaved person seems to make all the difference.
When my plans for the day are completely thrown as a girl runs away, as one of our children dies and we have a burial to attend.
When my car starts making strange noises,when there is no electricity.
When it is hard to understand why people think like they do in the culture we live in, why their priorities are not the same as mine.
When i am confronted by my shortcomings and doubt that i will ever be the person God wants me to be...
When i wonder if i will have enough energy to cope with all the challenges....

It can feel like the ocean is rising and that i am going to drown BUT I am reminded that God is with me and will help me to soar above it all , and that i need to take time to be still and see God all around me in the lives of the children he has brought to us. Through sharing a meal with them, through spending time colouring and teaching them how to play with bottle tops!! and hear them giggling in delight
I know the oceans will continue to rise and the storms will continue to be fierce but I can be still and know that God is in control , and that i will soar above them all ...one day at a time :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky,

It souds like things are tough right now. Be assured of our continued prayers for you. We have a World Mission Committee Meeting on Friday evening and you will be especially in out thoughts and prayers.

Paul Jackson

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky,

the experiences of pain and joy together must go deep in your heart at these times, but your heart must also be close to what the Lord feels. May you indeed know a real sense of the Lord walking with you as you serve the children and carry the load with you that goes with the work in Jos right now.

I loved the photos - thanks for making time to write it up.

Mary Crawford

Anonymous said...

I do like this blog a lot!!! Thank you for writing it and sharing damuwa, wahalla da farin ciki. Allah ya kai ki! He is forever faithfull and good.
Love, Corinne