Friday, February 15, 2008

Sofa Saga.....

You would think that purchasing a sofa was an easy thing wouldnt you but not here....

First of all you have to design your own, then find a fabric you think would look good, then find a carpenter and upholsterer and then wait weeks......Then the day comes when you have parted with lots of cash and you get to see what it looks like and whether your design was right....Unfortunately there is a problem if the carpenter doesnt get the measurements you gave and makes something completely different and something that won't even fit through the door !!!

This was my experience today....my friend was waiting for the sofa to be delivered while I was at the hospital with Aminci, I got a call to say that the sofa would not fit through the door and it would have to be left out over night until it could be taken back in the morning. My friend remarked that it seemed rather large and deep and she didn't think i would be able to sit in it and still reach the floor!!! how right she was.

I got home after an extremely emotional day to see something that resembled two thrones...and a sofa outside. As its not rained for months it would seem safe to assume it would be ok outside as its so heavy but dont make assumptions...


I woke up this morning and pulled the curtains to see to my horror that dogs had attacked it overnight and had badly damaged it !!! I promptly burst into tears i already didnt know whether I had any come back with the maker and now i had a badly damaged sofa....
After a few cups of tea .....Erin and I prayed that somehow God would intervene and help us as we were weak and didn't have a clue what to say. The lady came this morning and miraculously could see that the design was crazy and ridiculously out of proportion for me and agreed to take it back and make me another one !! I just have to pay for the dog damage and wait a few more weeks to get it........ Praise the Lord an honest business man a rare find here.


As you can see from the photo I am not amused !!!! ahhhhhhh Nigeria.

2 comments:

miyung said...

Unbelievable! But I'm proud of you and Erin praying together:) It always works. Hope you will get the rest of sofa set asap and enjoy the comfort.

Gordon & Joy Mott said...

Well, I do believe you've been to my house - that is my chair, looks like the same shape, colour and size!!! As I'm taller than you, it suits me, so if you really do get stuck with it I suppose I'll just have to adopt it!!

Seriously though, God is on your side Nicky and he can and will sort everything out.

Love Joy xxx